[C38] Cat38 for sale

Peggy Droesch saintpeg at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 10 12:54:55 EST 2010

JoAnn & Glen,

I wondered if I was maybe behind the curve in pointing out this listing,
but it's good to hear that you were able to close the deal so quickly.  We
found our (soon to be named something other than) WINDLASSIE in Latitude 38
& bought her before that issue had been out a week!  Great resource.  As
for the fixes, well, what boat doesn't need fixes -- for all ours was in
great shape when we bought her, our surveyor still came up with two full
pages of recommended maintenance items which we are still plodding through.
Ah well, as they say, BOAT stands for Break Out Another Thousand!

We're in Brickyard Cove too, what fun to have another of our boats in the
marina! We will keep an eye peeled for the arrival of SHOW BIZ.  Rory will
be looking for any opportunity for a 'friendly' race, I know...  If you
like, tell your buyers that The Catalina 38 With No Name is on the end of C
Dock, & that we would love to meet them & share stories.  Brickyard Cove
has a potluck barbecue every Wednesday night starting 1800-ish  (bring
something to share & whatever you want to grill for dinner), if they live
anywhere nearby it is a great way to commune with the liveaboards, dockrats
(that's us!) & marina staff.

As for the Catalina With No Name, we will be unveiling her new name with
all due ceremony on the list at a later date!  Gotta give her time to
forget her dreadful old name first...

Peggy
No Name, #231
Brickyard Cove, Pt. Richmond

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:43:18 -0800 (PST)
> From: Glen Robinson <g.a.robinson at sbcglobal.net>
> To: listserve at catalina38.org, saintpeg at earthlink.net
> Subject: Re: [C38] Cat38 for sale
>
> Peggy,
> Thank you for the boost!
> However, SNOWBIRD?(C-38 # 296) already has been sold--And it WAS a
bargain!
> The "as-is" price reflected our?desire for a quick sale coupled
with?allowance for a bottom job--and?other work to be done--and? lots of
little things to be fixed.
> Coincidentally, she will be berthed in?Brickyard Cove (for other readers:
Brickyard is immediately adjacent to Pt. Richmond) and will be renamed
"SHOW BIZ".
> This was like selling a member of the family.? For over 30 years JoAnn
and I have raced and cruised on boats from?21 to?54 feet.? Some roomier &
more comfortable, some faster (not many), but there?just are no other boats
like the C-38!?
> We had owned SNOWBIRD for 16 yrs, sailing her in the Delta & SF Bay
plus?many, many trips on the California coast from?Bodega to San Diego
plus?a memorable cruise?to Mazatlan, Mexico, and the very best: gunkholing
the anchorages in the Sea of Cortez with Bob & Judy on AMAZING GRACE, whom
we met in the '97 Baja Ha Ha.
> Age, (declining) agility, ?& other interests (e.g. finally seeing the?USA
in our RV) dictated this?move.? And it only took 2 years of non-use?before
we reluctantly admitted the boat must go to that next someone--who?would
give the proper use & maintenance.
> A heartfelt "THANK YOU!"?to the ListServe members!??The comraderie, tech
tips,?and??just chatter have been invaluable to us (Like the Latitude 38
mag, this will continue to be required reading).
> "The natural progression of life is: Sailboat--to Power Boat--to Motor
Home--to Rest Home."