[C38] cabin top wear and fix

D. R. Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 13 16:49:18 EDT 2010

Gawd, I am overcome with pride that somehow my pea brain came up the the
same solution as suggested by Tom (it took me a couple of weeks farting
around to get to the contact cement, I'm sure Tom saw the need for it
immediately). This really works well, 6 years now.
regards, Don

Tom T. wrote:

> My 38 was in St. Pete Florida and we found that the hatch would bind
> up on hot, sunny days from expansion in the sun.
>
> We also experienced wear from the fiberglass to fiberglass friction
> where the hatch rides on the cabin top as many have talked about.
> Instead of buying the expensive Teflon tape, we used little 1" square
> self sticking Teflon furniture glides found at any hardware store.
>
> They would not stick properly unless we first put some contact cement
> on the hatch where the slide was to go.   They were still working well
> several years later when we delivered the boat to the new owner last
> February.
>
> Tom Troncalli

Donald R. Strong
Professor