[C38] waxing and whining and cabin top wear

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 13 16:32:08 EDT 2010

My 38 was in St. Pete Florida and we found that the hatch would bind up on hot, sunny days from expansion in the sun.

We also experienced wear from the fiberglass to fiberglass friction where the hatch rides on the cabin top as many have talked about.   Instead of buying the expensive Teflon tape, we used little 1" square self sticking Teflon furniture glides found at any hardware store.

They would not stick properly unless we first put some contact cement on the hatch where the slide was to go.   They were still working well several years later when we delivered the boat to the new owner last February.

Tom Troncalli