[C38] New Catalinas 38 owner: Boom Rigging

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 21 14:54:41 EDT 2010

Hi, Alex,
	Welcome to the group.  There is a lot of stuff on line at the
associations web pages.  Most of us have accumulated some stuff as well,
and the boats are quite similar in most respects, but they were produced
for several years, and different vendors were used for some fittings and
some boats were customized on order and later.  But basics are
available, and riggers in your local area can help as well.  Most racers
have some experience with these boats as they were quite good in their
time.

To copy my book would cost more than $100 I think as it is nearly 300
pages, and not all would apply to your boat.  Some drawings are
available from Catalina, unless they have emptied those files.  I
encourage you to at least contact Catalina to see what they can offer
you.  We would like them to continue to support our boats for some time,
but there are costs and Catalina needs to recoup the costs just of
archiving the material and answering questions.

Regards,