[C38] New Catalinas 38 owner: Boom Rigging

Jay Sorensen jsorensen at novarx.com
Wed Apr 21 15:56:35 EDT 2010

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the group.  As a recent C-38 convert I had a lot of similar
questions.  Are you referring to the boom (mainsail) attachment, i.e.
gooseneck,to the mast; the boom lift used to prevent the boom from
hitting the deck when no rigid vang (or hoisted mainsail) is present; or
the topping lift (spinnaker pole halyard almost) attachment to the mast?

They are all quite different.  Let me know what you need and I'll
download the pics.

Jay Sorensen

C-38 #311 Broad Reach

San Diego, CA