[C38] New Catalinas 38 owner: Boom Rigging

george at gsuppes.com george at gsuppes.com
Wed Apr 21 17:20:50 EDT 2010

I double ended my main sheet so it can be eased or trimmed from the high side of the boat.  If there is an extra crew person, then both people can haul it in a lot faster trimming when every second counts rounding a mark.  What I did was to replace the padeye on the portside cabin top with a block and lead it back to a cabintop winch.  Its a really nice inexpensive upgrade that makes things a lot easier.
Sent from my BlackBerry® on the MetroPCS Network