[C38] New Catalinas 38 owner: Boom Rigging

Dick Kilroy dickkilroy at comcast.net
Wed Apr 21 17:10:44 EDT 2010

Alex: Welcome and congradulations, you will love the boat. I have hull # 193 so our rigging should be close. Judy my wife will now do the typing as she is faster and better at that

Judy here.
I will use the letters A-E to describe the Main Sheet rigging. It is straight forward, once you think about it

        A block = Port mid deck block  start of main sheet; then lead to
        B block - mid boom block #1 ; then to
        C block on traveler ; then to
        block at end of boom and then back to
        C block on traveler (double block) then back to
        D block - midboom block # 2  ; then to
        E block - Starboard mid deck block and back to 'hole" in traveler and into cockpit. Ther are 2 seperate blocks on the forward boom fitting.

Judy & Dick