[C38] Main Haylard Rope Clutch Question

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 13:08:53 EDT 2010

Hi Jay, the original halyard diameter for the C38 ( according to the check
list from Catalina that is now available on the C38 web) is 3/8", so if you
have 1/2' and hasn't been any changes on your running rigging hardware, you
shouldn't be having any problems by using a smaller diameter line. Another
story is the rope clutches... What are you using? Garhauer was the original
clutches on a 1984 C38 that I have seen, and one was using 7/16"......
Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA
Puntarenas, Costa Rica