[C38] Any of the East Coast boats on Chesapeake Bay on the water 14 sept to 1oct?

TURNER MARK empty1 at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 29 21:49:08 EDT 2010

Hi Dan n all, the all Chesapeake Catalina group schedule is available at
www.sailccyc.org  also thought a good choice for a Catalina 38 East Coast
rendezvous might be to tie in with their Ocktoberfest wine and wurst in the
Rhode River on the w/e of 25/26 September... My very rough intinerary is
15th, rest, provision, check boat, then head south into Potomac for long w/e
to explore northern neck of Virginia (some of the pretiest scenery on the
Bay) and then gradually work back north to the Rhode River Raft up where I
shall offer The Goose as bar boat (Happy Hour and Night Caps --all those
duty frees) and then work North to Baltimore/ Middle River, before back to
Solomons for 31 Sept.---all weather dependant, of course... but the Rhode
River meet looks a good opportunity to get some of the East Coast boats
together, and right on Black Pearl's doorstep... Pass the word... I know
it's short notice.. Hopefully next year I will be able to plan further in
advance and make a bigger meet of it.. For those C 38s on Chesapeake Bay, I
would really recommend joining the CCYC.. It is the 25 bucks I've spent..
they are a really great bunch of fun loving people.

Hope to see as many as possible soon. All the best   Mark. C 38 #80 The
Goose.
PS I know Pam and Black Pearl well, usually see her every trip.. Wednesday
night, Galesville is THE place to be on the Bay. :-)