[C38] Transmission Shift Linkage Bracket

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 12:11:58 EDT 2010

Hey Alex, that's the only one I have for the transmission and is not from
Estancia, is from Moquisha, a 1984 C38.  Estancia is just like that, but
when I bought it, it had shifting problems with the lever, then I discovered
that the angle between the wire and the linkage wasn't the right one. I
tought that the lever had no adjustment,  so I bolted another plate over the
original wire in order to increase the angle. It works, and I noticed that
is adjustable when I removed the tranmission for an overhaul. I was so sick
of working in the engine room that I didn't even bother to put it with the
original set up, so I leave it like that. Besides, I noticed the crack on
the plate, and I also have to replace the wire, so I will set up the right
angle when I replace the plate and the wire..... Right now is working with a
temporal/permanent solution!!!

Max

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA