[C38] Advice - Nexus Instruments

David Epstein davidepstein at seicontrol.com
Sun Sep 26 16:04:29 EDT 2010

Larry,

I am glad to hear that you are going to restore Hassle.   The photos
of the damage are horrifying, and I hope you will eventually learn
what caused it, and let the list know.   I am sure we will all want
to take some precautionary measures.

Regarding your question, we have had Nexus instruments on SuperStar
for almost 10 years and I am completely sold on them as the best
price/performance option by far.

If you are interested, I have at least an entire Nexus system
available for sale.   Some years ago I purchased the inventory of a
company that had a bunch of Nexus parts, some are new, some are
"demo" (used on a display, not on a boat) and some are used.   It
would save you a bunch of money compared to purchasing a Start Pack,
and then adding even the fewest number of additional items you will
likely need.

What I have is the "classic", not the newer NX2 series, however if
the NX2 features are important to you, you can purchase a new NX2
server and it will work with the "classic" instruments, remote and
transducers (other than one or two, which can be purchased
separately).  I have considered getting a NX2 server, but I haven't
gotten around to it as of yet (the differences are not big).

Let me know if you are interested, or if you need more info on the
Nexus line.  I have a LOT of experience as I designed, installed and
commissioned the system on SuperStar myself.   I even added an Airmar
ultrasonic speed transducer that has no protruding or moving parts
(very cool, but expensive).  You can reach me by email or at 310.308.3083.

Regards,

David Epstein
SuperStar #122, Marina del Rey