[C38] difficulty starting

george at gsuppes.com george at gsuppes.com
Wed Nov 17 12:03:20 EST 2010

     I have my boat on the bay as well and when it is cooler, the first start can be tricky.  It likes lots of glow plug and will flood at the drop of a hat, so I barely crack open the throttle until it starts to light. Once it has been started for the day, it lights right up.
     On another note for bay boats, I am wanting to get a one design fleet together for the interclub series.  I was thinking non spinnaker cruising class to make it easier for crew needs and boats not rigged for a chute. If we get 6 boats, we can have our own division like the islander 36's, catalina 30's and 34's.  The races are in the central bay and there would be 6 races or so occurring once a month. If any one is interested let me know.  I have talked to two other skippers who show interest.
George Suppes
Complete Abandon #111
Coyote Point,  SF Bay