[C38] Mast leak

S Orton ssorton at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 20 12:48:27 EST 2010

Hi Dan,  My boat is in the NW for the 1st year and the last time down to the boat I bailed about two gals out of the bilge.   I have a Spartite mast collar, which eliminates all leakage at the deck plus provides providing permanent mast shimming.  At the masts halyard slots, I can reach, I temporary duck taped.  This closes 4 of the slots- maybe I'll get only 1 gallon at the next boat check.
Cheers, Steve O  (Santa Susanna)