[C38] Bilge Pump and mast leak

S Orton ssorton at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 24 01:10:02 EST 2010

Steve S.  That "indentation" you mentioned being always full of water and is very tough to inspect, is bad news in my opinion.  Years ago I inquired why this "water hole" existed and nobody could give me a suitable answer, so I filled the void with foam and glassed over it.  Now any leakage from the rudder gland directly runs down hill to the bilge.  We all know that untreated fiberglas saturates with water- is this a structural problem, maybe not.
Cheers, Steve O