[C38] On Board weapons

William Knowles whk1965 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 16:33:45 EST 2010

They make this insert that will fit in your flare gun and in shoots I think
38 cal bullets. Be good you only get one shot if your target is close. They
are legal and do not need to be declared so the ad says. I would not shoot a
12 gauge shotgun shell in a flare gun I do not think it can handle the load
and will probably blow up in your hand.

Bill Flying Goose

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Jay Sorensen <jsorensen at novarx.com> wrote:

>  A very good question!  My father is actually a felon in Canada for not
> reporting a firearm (pistol) and then having one found when they searched
> his RV.  He was a 60 year old ex Marine who always “carried” on trips but
> didn’t really think about it because he was not a hunter, etc.  Talk about
> embarrassing, and expensive!
>

> My understanding is the bows, crossbows, flareguns, and spearguns, are not
> controlled like firearms and can be kept on board without problems.  Just
> don’t use them for fishing without a license!
>

> I thought about using a flare gun as the basis for protection but am not
> sure how to go about it.  Maybe someone out there has some experience??  I
> think a flaregun that fires 00-buckshot would be cool, but what about that
> recoil!
>

> Jay Sorensen
>
> C-38 #311 Broad Reach
>
> San Diego, CA