[C38] Rigid Vang installation

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:06:55 EST 2011

Hi Folks;

So I just received my Garhauer rigid vang...all shiny and new...can't decide
if I want to put it on the boat or over the mantel! :)  OK, it will go on
the boat...but with that comes the question "does anyone have any lessons
learned that I should know about?" Max had indicated that I should/could put
a plastic gasket (cut from a milk jug, etc) between the vang brackets and
the mast/boom...what about the compression of the vang when the boom is
"level" (mid-range of the vang?) and/or mounting height on the mast?
 Anything else to plan for?

--
Steve Ribble
Tittravate #64