[C38] Propane locker

S Orton ssorton at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 01:16:07 EDT 2011

Has anyone considered taking a portion of the locker fwd of the vee berth and making it into a sealed propane locker?  An access hatch would would have to be cut through the foredeck and the locker would be drained into the anchor compartment, which is drained overboard through the stem above the waterline.  To me, that fwd locker is rather useless except to throw the dirty clothes into.  I am presently in the process of building a FG airtight sealed locker for a 2.5 gal tank that would fit in the sail locker, which location I really don't like, because it is located below WL (won't meet CC building regs) and it takes up valuable space in the sail locker.  Even though I have spent many hours building the plug and I'm at the point of doing the FG layup, I think I will put the project on hold and investigate the fwd locker location.
Comments would be appreciated.
Cheers, Steve O
Santa Susanna (304)