[C38] Catalina smile

Michael Sundquist sailingcrew.michael at gmail.com
Fri May 27 16:29:43 EDT 2011

I have a 1981 C38.  I purchased the boat in Feb 2011.  I was scrubbing the
bottom today and saw I had the smile across the front of my keel (Shoal
draft).  I know this has to be fixed.  Can this wait to the end of the
year?  I am pretty sure I have the plywood in the bilge.  I see there is a
tech article on keel bolts. Does anyone know if the complete bilge where the
keel bolts are is plywood encased in fiberglass or where it starts and
ends?  Any suggestions would be helpfull.