[C38] Rudder cable adjustment

Pierre Patino pierre.patino at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:38:22 EDT 2011

Dear all

I need to adjust the cable that goes around the radial wheel drive. It
terminates on each side with a loop which is secured by an eye-bolt.
The eye-bolt applies tension as nuts are tightened. On the stern side,
I can't get to the nuts with standard tools. I can touch and grasp
them with my fingers but no wrench I own would fit in the space let
alone be able to apply torque. On the side towards the bow and behind
the engine there's an opening in the port lazarette  from which I can
see the wheel and its bolts but I would have to get a very very deep
socket with a very very long extender.  Has anyone tackled this
problem and hopefully solved it?

Thanks in advance