[C38] Port forward chain plate

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Mon Oct 3 02:29:43 EDT 2011

I am in the process of repairing the port forward chainplate bulkhead the one in the head,  short version: I noticed a bulge on deck inboard of the forward chainplate, looks like the bolts outboard also compressed the deck, so the entire chainplate swiveled on one bolt on the bulkhead, the one in the center as it was the only hole of the four holes in the bulkhead that did not elongate.  Im making a new bulkhead and will reassemble but was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem in their boats and what did you do?  I dont see anyway of getting the bulge out of the deck as the way the way the chain plate is fabricated there is no attachment to the deck where it bulged.  Thanks

Steve
Peregrine