[C38] Wrapping boat for winter storage on hard - Tyvek? Canvas? Plastic tarp?

Marci Brown mb at seafor.us
Sat Nov 5 08:11:52 EDT 2011

Another happy New England consideration: snow accumulation over the winter.
It's going to be DIY this year. We don't want to do shrink wrap. but the
covering needs to be wind resistant, not overly complicated, and slippery so
snow won't pile up on it. And what kind of double-faced tape will do the job
with a clean removal in the spring? Nothing sticks well to Tyvek but I think
it could be the best material to work with otherwise. No doubt we'll need
some of those flexible pine strips, and lots of bungee cord (aren't you glad
we have slotted toe rails on our C38s?), plus I might use some heavy-duty
needles and thread to stitch sections together perhaps...? Please share your
opinions and experiences. If you have step by step photos - even better.
Thanks in advance!
Marci J. Brown
PO Box 520549, Winthrop, MA 02152 USA
Ph: 757-502-7422 | Email:  <mailto:mb at seafor.us> mb at seafor.us