[C38] Engine winterization - 24 hp Universal Diesel - do it yourself?

William Knowles whk1965 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:52:14 EDT 2011

Hi Marci, You should also change the oil and filter. I am not sure about
fogging a diesel,I have never done it, but it is easy to flush and add
antifreeze. Shut off your thru hull intake and disconnect the hose and
place in a bucket put your dockside water hose in the bucket with water
flowing and start the engine. Flush the engine for about five minutes, shut
off hose and add anti freeze to bucket (don't let the bucket run dry) when
pink water comes out exhaust you are done. Reconnect thru hull hoses double
clamp. If engine is warm enough change oil and filter.

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Marci Brown <mb at seafor.us> wrote:

> We are getting ready to haul out Check’s In The Mail for the winter in
> Boston. Keith and I have never done the engine prep ourselves but would
> like to this year. We need to put ‘fogging oil’ in the cylinders and also
> pump out the raw water/add in the antifreeze to the cooling system. Do any
> of you have instructions you’d consider sharing with me? Thanks!****
>
> *Marci J. Brown*****
>
> PO Box 520549, Winthrop, MA 02152 USA****
>
> *Ph:* 757-502-7422 | *Email:* mb at seafor.us****