[C38] Halyards

les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 7 05:01:02 EST 2011

I second that one as well.

Nancy and I also use the halyard to lower the dinghy to the water.  We
inflate the dinghy on the deck, install the motor, rig a three point
harness to the bow D rings and the holes in the transom for the stern
lines, and lower the dinghy flat into the water.  It is easy to do this
way and the motor lift and other associated hassles are simpler.  Also
as I am getting older the old toss it over the lines is not an option.
Using the points on the transom relieves the boat from supporting the
motor just by the tube stuff without the water supporting it.

Regards,