[C38] Halyards

Jay Sorensen jsorensen at novarx.com
Tue Jan 11 11:55:37 EST 2011

Good Morning All,

First, thanks for your help with the salon shelf storage options.  First
mate Dorothy is very happy with the lined baskets on the top shelves and
the extra rail on the bottom.

Now for the next question trying to save a trip up the mast.  Can anyone
tell me if sheeve box needs to be removed from the masthead to replace
the sheeves?  Or is there a pin that goes all the way through the mast.
Ours is a 1985 model.

I'm going to 7/16" Sta-Set X halyards and want to remove the combination
sheeves as I'm concerned about the semi-circle indent on the current
version.  7/16" line seems to run smoothly, but I'm not sure about wear.
New sheeves should be cheap insurance.

Thanks!

Jay & Dorothy Sorensen
C-38 #311, Broad Reach