[C38] Knot meter location

S Orton ssorton at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 01:23:59 EST 2011

I wouldn't worry about it, Steve- as long as you are leading the pack!  A GPS reading is more accurate anyway.  You will calibrate the knot meter over a measured mile to correct for hydro effects.  My knot meter is located half way between the water tank and the bulkhead, with the inspection doors, at the aft end of the vee birth.  It is also off the centerline to the right a couple of inches.  I've never been able to detect any speed difference between a star'd or port tack.
Steve O,  Santa Susanna #304