[C38] Companionway doors project on its way...

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 09:03:33 EST 2011

I completely agree with Tom about Max's talent, the doors look great.

For anyone thinking about the 'easy way out' Sunbrella option, I had a
similar cover on a previous boat.  The difference was that the top
connection was corner snaps (top: toward the rear and on the outside edge of
the teak along the hatch slide, bottom: as appropriate) and both top and
bottom relied on layers of fabric as a cross-gap stiffener.  Being "soft" it
didn't bang around and was easy to remove and stow in a hurry, when needed.

Aside from the ease of access and privacy benefits of the cover, the thing I
really liked was how it protected the [wood] finish and helped keep the rain
out.

Steve Ribble
207/852-0971