[C38] Companionway doors project on its way...

les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 18 13:33:25 EST 2011

Right after we acquired JACE, we had a really HOT summer here.  We
wanted some way to have privacy, but leave the companion way open.  So
when I had new canvass made, I had a piece designed that clipped to the
aft end of the dodger.  It was shaped to hang down to the seats on both
sides and to the floor in the middle.  The gentleman who made it
suggested straps to the dodger supports straps to hold the sides in
place in the wind, and small sandbags to weight the bottom.  We called
it a privacy cover.  It works nicely to keep the boat private, provide a
riser air space to help cool the boat and was one of the real success
stories of my cobbling around.  We used it nearly every day at anchor.
It also had the side benefit of keeping out rain but allowing a lot of
air flow.

Regards,