[C38] Stanchions

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:57:12 EST 2011

Glad you brought this up, Chuck (do you get that a lot....up-chuck? ;) ).
When I ordered mine I told Mark at Garhauer which stanchion it was (furthest
aft on each side) because I remembered a past post about the varying angles
of our stanchions from fore to aft.  His response was that their stanchions
(and supposedly the correct replacement part) were a right angle - 90
degrees.

Mine were bent in (*and cracked at the bale - everyone should take a look at
this on their own boats*) a couple inches and I had always assumed it was to
continue the curve of the hull but I gotta say...it's really nice having
them straight up rather than in the path of your way forward.

Steve