[C38] Cat 38 dues

Rory Hansen mfsf at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 19 13:48:23 EST 2011

Chuck,

Marina Bay Yacht Harbor in Richmond (on the site of the old Victory ship
boatyards) has a lot of space right now -- one of the few marinas in the
Bay Area that does -- but it's bound to fill up as the AC approaches. If
you want to find it on Google Earth it's at 37 deg 54' 43" N, 122 deg 20'
50" W. This position lands you on D dock, which is probably where we'd be
based on slip size & availability -- it's where the harbormaster put all
the Catalinas who showed up for the Rendezvous last summer. Takes about 20
minutes under motor to get to the Central Bay & all the action.

We can contact their harbormaster if you like, find out what it would take
to set things up. Last year their guest rates were $25/night, which is
cheap for SF. Tradewinds Sailing School & Club -- where we learned how much
fun a C38 is to sail! -- hosts the Catalina Rendezvous up here & might be
interested in being involved with the C38 Nationals, esp. since they still
have Hull #287 (which did the Transpac in 2003) in their fleet.

Rory Hansen & Peggy Droesch
IRIE #231
Point Richmond