[C38] Members joining this past week

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Mon Mar 7 06:43:34 EST 2011

Leslie,
     Now that you are retiring you can come up to Santa Barbara and sail
on Macavity. While I do not single hand, I am handicapped and have set
up the boat to be easy to sail with electric winches, grab handles on
the side of the bimini (no dodger_) for going on deck and a retracting
sprit with assymetric chutes. Come on up and join us. We are in the boat
yard in Channel Islands harbor at the moment where we re-wired the mast,
put on new standing rigging and lifelines. Joe Launie/Macavity P. S. In
the mid 1970s I crewed on a Yankee 38 owned by John Linsky from
Aerospace Corp.