[C38] Asym!

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 17:48:40 EDT 2011

Congrats Dave, welcome to the (now we need to figure out how it works) club!

I was/am in the process of leading all my mainsail controls to the cockpit
when I realized I should account for the Asym.  Whether you lead them back
or not, you will want to consider being able to control the tack line, and
possibly the halyard.  Depending on your point of sail you'll want to
tighten or loosen the asym leech, which is primarily controlled by the
height of the tack above the deck, er...sprit.  I'm leading mine back to the
rope clutches and winches on the cabin top.

Good luck with it!

Steve R
Tittravate