[C38] Asym!

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Mon Mar 14 18:58:17 EDT 2011

So far I'm not a fan of everything back to the cockpit, so the only thing
that's liable to come aft is the sheet and the line for the roller furler
(doing that instead of a sock because I'm liable to be short-handed with
paying passengers.)

Our previous light air sail was a mostly used up 650 ft drifter. We'd tie
off the tack to the toe-rail and call it good. Also we only used one
sheet. The sail would fly better in light air without the extra weight,
and gybing latteen-style was a kick, especially in the ICW. (Even better,
sail somewhere where you don't have to gybe but ever week or two!)

But mostly this sail is for the "Oh! Look at the pretty boat!" effect as
we sail past Gosman's in the Summer. I reckon that'll be worth more than
handbills on ever windshield in town!