[C38] Rudder

Larry Malmberg larrypi at live.com
Mon Mar 14 23:33:27 EDT 2011

Well, I have been following the Rudder issue and I do have a comment.  Folks
if you have not had your rudder dropped in the shipyard do so.  We did in
2009 before the Trans Pac and found pitting around the shaft as it went into
the rudder, not good at all.  We had another rudder fabricated locally and
no problems what so ever.  I cannot imagine nor do I want to know what it's
like without a rudder.  LOL  We did take a mandatory alternate steering
device with us on that race.  If you have a spinnaker pole that can easily
be used as an alternate steering device.

Best regards,

Larry Malmberg

Larry Malmberg Investigations
7231 Boulder Avenue Suite 507
Highland, CA 92346 PI 15211
Telephone  909-208-1847
FAX           909-991-7568

E Mail  Larrypi at live.com

Civil and Criminal, Surveillance, Internal Investigations.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile..

"The American Indians found out what happens when  you don't control
immigration"

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming; WOW-- What a
Ride!"

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message, including any attachments,
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, copying,
use, disclosure or distribution of any parts of the contents of this
message/information is prohibited by federal law. Attempts to intercept this
message are in violation of Title 18 USC 2511(1) of the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act (ECPA), which subjects the interceptor to fines,
imprisonment and/or civil damages. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the