[C38] Rudder

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Tue Mar 15 07:53:27 EDT 2011

Down at the boat yesterday a big crack has opened up, running
horizontally, about 15 inches up from the bottom edge. My guess is water
got in via the rudder post, pooled, and then our freeze/thaw cycle opened
it up.

If the rest of the rudder is sound, some splints and filler will do the
job, but if not, I'm wondering about that ocra fin rudder you had built
(IIRC) Do you have a pattern or template?