[C38] San Francisco Sailors

Pierre Patino pierre.patino at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:35:03 EDT 2011

Hello Steve

"Smooth Moves" lives in SF Bay. 15-30+kts are not uncommon with 15-25kts
being the norm in the Summer (at least the days I go out). Plenty of current
to help and/or hinder you.

Here are some sites I use before I go out:

http://windandtides.com
http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/ports/index.shtml?port=sf
http://www.boatingsf.com

It's quite cold when it blows, especially during the Summer.
There's much traffic as expected and the entrance under the Golden Gate
Bridge is beautiful. However, there are some very tricky areas to avoid, one
of them is the famous "Potato Patch".

Call me any time 831-297-3059 and I'll be glad to add more disinformation.

Cheers