[C38] Holding Tank?

les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 27 19:18:29 EDT 2011

We had a portapotty on our Seaprompt a Catalina 22.  My thoughts are:

	1.  dumping it is messy, and never goes as nicely as you might want.
	2.  Smells.  Deoderant smells differently.
	3.  Clean it your self.  This is not a task for the faint of heart.
	4.  Spills.  Invariably you will spill some, only when wearing white,
only when people are coming, only when the aroma will offend the dock
neighbors and their party going on next door.
	5.  Remember that little floating SUV.  It has places that the
inevitable spill will find and lurk for days/weeks/months, or until you
give up an burn the boat ;-) only partly kidding on that.
	6.  The seat was too flimsy for my 250 lb carcass which has ballooned
to a nicely rounded 280 recently.
	7.  Where to sit it, and how to hold it there while said carcass is
ensconced in the middle of a tack.
	8.  Feature this: pants around the ankles, a sudden gust, head door
breaks and out spills said carcass surrounded by what no one wants to
mention do without see/smell.

	Do you get the idea that I don't like portapotties?  I know they
improve every day.  But remember that little holding tank you were
talking about?  Check out the portapotty capability.  Think about the
seasick person who has to hit that little plastic darling during the
worst blow in years.

Just my own little biases.

Regards,