[C38] Deep keel - 6'9"

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Wed Jun 8 08:14:54 EDT 2011

Same with Great Salt Pond on Block Island.

The shallow spots are 35', and crowded if you get there late. The deep
spots are 50'. No one puts out enough line. The wind blows and everyone
drags...

> Steve,
>      In Southern California we have a different problem with depth,
> anchoring in deep water.  In Pelican Cove on Santa Cruz Island for
> example, if you get there early ( in the summer that is Thursday) you
> can anchor inside in only 25 feet. Get there on saturday and you will
> anchor in the center in 45 to 60 feet.   Years ago when we used to race
> to Catalina on saturday and arrive at Two Harbors in the late afternoon,
> I have anchored in 100 feet of water. Don't get too much scope. Joe
> Launie/Macavity
>
> On 6/7/2011 9:03 PM, Steve Smolinske wrote:
>> NW does have some issues with depth, but they are not soft bottoms, they
>> are usually rocks.  The San Juan Islands publish a chart "The twelve
>> most hit reefs"

>>> shallows. On the east coast however, it seems like my eyes are glued to
>>> the
>>> charts (instead of the water) too much of the time. While I love the