[C38] question for Yanmar owners

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 00:19:38 EDT 2011

Don and Phil, Thanks for the info! I noticed that there are several ratios,
very close to each other..They are higher than the original Universal with
the Hurth tranmission, but I guess that the main difference is not the 3
extra horse power, but the rpm difference between one and the other.. I
haven't seen the engine here yet, so, I'll let you know how it goes..

Regards,

Max

2011/6/7 Phil Gay <eyriepg at comcast.net>

> Max,
>

> The forward/reverse ratios on my Yanmar 3GM30f are 2.61/3.16.  It is rated
> at 27hp but only 24hp continuous.  It has about 800 hours and has given me
> good service.  Since we motor a lot during the summer cruises, I wish that I
> had at least 35 hp to help overcome the currents and winds that are
> encountered in narrow channels.
>

> Phil Gay
>
> C38 049 Que Linda
>
> Everett, WA