[C38] Mor(on) Overheating

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Tue Jun 21 17:43:37 EDT 2011

So far as I can tell, no coolant in the raw water. No oil/oiliness in the
coolant either.

Had a minor disaster with my oil. A filter I should have replaced
purferated and dropped the oil. But didn't run for long and so far as I
can tell, no damage done, except if dropping your oil is a good way to
ruin your head gasket.

The pressure cap not flowing is a long-standing issue, going back to the
fellow who had the boat before me at least. Crossing my fingers it's a
cleanliness/clogging problem in the freshwater system and not a head
gasket, because the latter sounds a like a big adventure to fix!

I am very thankful for the help, and hopeful a flush, clean, and radiator
fixing goo will help.

Also, who needs a damn motor anyway?  ;-)

http://www.sailingmontauk.com/blog/light-air-supreme/