[C38] Found a good engine here- Is it too big???

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 21:10:37 EDT 2011

Got the new engine (at least, new to me!)!!!!

Bought the 40hp Yanmar for $2000, no panel or wiring harness, so I have to
find those, but the engine  seems  to be in good condition, but still, I'm
going to make a small overhaul just to be sure that I won't have to think
about taking the engine out on the next few years...  Since the 5424 is
working, I can sell it and get some money back from the investment.....
What I'm not so sure about is that the tranmission ratio is 2.6:1, so I
guess that I will have to get a big prop with lots of pitch for a good
match.........

Anyone knows a place for cheap parts for the Yanmar???

Regards,

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA
Puntarenas, Costa Rica