[C38] Starter Removal!?!

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Thu Jul 7 10:02:55 EDT 2011

First, please, no apologies! I'm very grateful for your input and I'm sure
others are too!

RE: Wiring and engine gauges

My boat has a very basic Catalina panel: Fuel, Temp, push-button for
glow-plug warm up, push button for horn, and ignition key. Both the
overheat and oil-presure alarm run on the same wire (and after my oil
filter mishap I know they both work!)

No tach, no oil pressure.

My alternator output goes to my batteries via a aftermarket regulator.
Fancy brand, name doesn't quite come to me right now.

On my panel over the nav table I have both a voltage and amps gauge,
Bluewater needle and scale type. I also have a Trimetric amps/volts wired
in on it's own shunt.

The biggest question/concern is whether or not the eBay alternator will
work At $100 the price is right, and that will save me the trip/time going
up the island to an Alternator/Starter shop for a rebuild of the old unit.
With passengers on deck, this is no small consideration. Gave a link in my
email subject: eBay Starter. Here it is again.

http://bit.ly/nqvde6

Thanks again for your advice and support. It's very very appreciated!