[C38] Group 31 battery size and other offshore racing memories

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Fri Jul 15 09:33:21 EDT 2011

Re: Wind and solar

We ran from Montauk to Bermuda, 7 days, with two refers running (one as a
freezer, plus lights, 2 GPSs, and AIS on wind and solar alone. No engine.

Then we did it again from Bermua to SMX, 9 days.

Then again from STX to Montauk, 14 1/2 days. (no freezer)

And that was on batteries that were old and poorly cared for when I got
the boat.

We have two 64 watt panels and a cheapo wind gennie from Magnets4Less.