[C38] Pedestal mounted chart plotter

Richard West rw at idea-asylum.com
Tue Aug 9 17:55:19 EDT 2011

Thanks for your great responses on the Edson pedestal mounted displays.  It
seems a lot of you have Garmin chart plotters and radar.  Is anyone using
the Simrad radar and chart plotter?  We're getting Legacy ready for the
South Pacific in March and we are going to replace most or all of the
electronics. I am now kind of leaning to the Simrad NSE line.

By the way, I'll be selling my old Furuno 1721 radar cheap (works well) if
anyone is interested.  I also have a PUR 40 (Ketadyn 40)  that I was
planning to put on ebay but if anyone here needs one, it works as well as it
ever has - that is to say, when I tested it last week, I got 1.125 gallons
per hour out of it.  I took some videos of it working before I uninstalled
it.  Almost no offers refused.

Thanks,

Rich, Legacy, Los Angeles