[C38] SuperStar is for sale!

David Epstein davidepstein at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 24 13:12:49 EDT 2011

Fellow C38 Enthusiasts,

It is with a heavy heart that I am announcing that my family has put
SuperStar up for sale.  Despite my having sailed her since the day my
late partner, Sid Blinder, purchased her new, it is no longer
financially practical for us to be boat owners.  We have had many,
many great years with her, and have been honored to win countless
races over the years (including the C38 Nationals six or seven times).

If anyone knows of someone who might be interested, the boat is
listed with Steve Curran of Sailboats Unlimited in Marina del Rey,
CA.   I have known and competed against Steve for 25+ years, and his
wife was our foredeck crew for many of our early years, so he knows
the boat well.  In order to insure a very quick sale, we have listed
the boat for $27,900 without the racing sails and equipment (as most
buyers these days are not racers).  If someone wants to continue her
racing legacy, we will offer a "racing package" so it can be
purchased fully race-ready.  Steve can be reached at 310.822.9814,
and the listing can be seen at:
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_full_detail.jsp?slim=broker&boat_id=2382749&ybw=&hosturl=sailboatsinc&&ywo=sailboatsinc&&units=Feet&access=Public&listing_id=44066&url=&hosturl=sailboatsinc&&ywo=sailboatsinc

Also, we may have a bunch of sailing equipment and C38 parts for
sale, depending on what gets sold with the boat.  When the time is
right, I will post a list of what will be available.

It has been an honor and a privilege to be part of the C38 community
for the past 30 years, and to sail with and against many of you over
the years.  Who knows, perhaps I will find a way to stay in the
family, either by continuing to sail on SuperStar, or perhaps by
joining forces with another local C38 owner who might benefit from my
and my crew's participation and/or is in need of a great racing sail
and equipment inventory...

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, comments or
suggestions.

As my good friend and mentor Stanley Dashew once inscribed in a book
for me: "The Lord doesn't count the days spent at sea".

Regards,

David Epstein
SuperStar, #122, Marina del Rey