[C38] Attention Northwest and East Coast Fleets!

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Fri Sep 23 13:43:55 EDT 2011

Steve,
     I agree we should watch the effect of these payments on the
treasury. I propose that if it is a strain we raise our very low dues. A
gathering of 5 C-38s in Bar Harbor benefits me in Santa Barbara because
it helps to show the rest of the world (who do not read our emails) that
the C-38 fleet is alive and active. This increases the value of all our
boats.It is this advertising  effect that was the reason that I was
trying to organize racing around the country.  I am not even sailing
these days because I am in a wheelchair because my artificial hip
failed. I am scheduled for a re- do and hope to be out there again. Joe
Launie/Macavity