[C38] Oberdorfer pump parts

Michael Norcross manorcross at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:58:29 EDT 2011

I got impeller and seals from Depco online. Just so that you are aware,
there are now two washers on each side of impeller in new pumps. I debated
about puttings those in and eventually left them out, after discussion with
Oberdorfer and Universal people. One seal leaked water and both were
difficult to get out, required a seal puller. Also when putting new ones
back in I used Permatex high temp thread sealant (or equivalent)  on
metal interface as recommended by both groups, and used a socket to gently
hammer them in. Otherwise press them in or have a shop do it. Make
sure lettering on 2 seals face each other, or likewise springs in seals face
towards either water or oil. Water leaked from new seal until engine warmed
and then was fine. Alternatively, buy a new pump, $215 online, if you need
more than just the impeller, it saves time. Good luck.

Mike
Escape 318, Annapolis