[C38] stuffing box

Chuck Finn charles at finn.ws
Sat Oct 29 17:03:06 EDT 2011

Patrick,
Yes, there is an inner sanctum of information!  His name is Nigel Calder
and he writes excellent books on boat, electrical and engine
repair/maintenance.
You need two wrenches for to tighten the stuffing box.  When I first got
the Mighty Quinn, I needed two pipe wrenches to free the lock nut from
the adjusting nut because they had not been moved in quite some time!  I
now check and adjust it for drips at least once a year, which is the
same time I check transmission fluid.  I wish Don S. had been there for
me the first time around!

Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn, #114
Great Lakes