[C38] Vented loop for head discharge

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Tue Nov 1 11:43:14 EDT 2011

Steve: Yes. Twice in 10 years we have had leakage. I fixed the leakage
with a new joker valve both times. After the second replacement, a
friend told me that the joker valve will last lots longer if it doesn't
soak in chemical. I think that his argument is reasonable, and I have
stopped leaving deodorant in the head between sails. Rather, I flush a
cup of fresh water on "dry bowl" before leaving the boat.
Don