[C38] Mast deck collar

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:59:32 EST 2011

Hi Jonathan, I lead my mast rigging back to the cockpit this past
Spring...in my opinion it is the way to go, but I know others don't prefer
it that way.  Anyway, I used some inexpensive (not "cheap") hardware (you
can get different sizes, I chose 5 "holes" per side that I can attach
turning blocks to) from Garhauer through-bolted next to the mast and yes,
you will need a strut below deck (turnbuckle) tying back to the mast.  The
system works great, it's not too costly, and it's off the shelf so you can
have it "now" instead of having something manufactured.

These may not be the best pics, but they are what I have (I won't be to the
boat for a while); Moquisha is courtesy of Max...and I need to beg Anders'
humble forgiveness for sending the other (large) pic.

Steve Ribble
Tittravate, #64