[C38] Autohelm parts

MB Contact mixedbusinesscontact at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 21:18:59 EST 2011

Hey all...

Speaking of auto helms .... Does any one have any Autohelm ST4000 parts? My wheel drive actuator went up. Well, it started slipping, and then in a blow one of the internal roller ring posts snapped off and caused one of the rollers to rattle around inside the wheel ring unit...basically disabling my steering completely. (was fun pulling the ring and the wheel off to ditch the whole thing while underway!) anyway, my control head and power supply work just fine..., and up till about 10mins ago the actuator motor did too (stupid me pulled the motor off the ring only to see the internal gears go flying...guess I can put that back together)... but my wheel drive actuator is beyond repair. so I'm looking for a wheel drive actuator ring, either with a motor, or with out.

Anyone got a box of parts laying around? Or know where I might find one? Do I really have to get a whole new system?

Mark
Momentous #230

Oh yea btw... Found a nice canvas guy in Baltimore that just did a custom dodger for me, and is working on a complete bikini and connector too. Good price, very accommodating guy. Charm City marine Canvas. Thought I'd pass it along.

Hey Phil Gay... A big thanks to you for sending me pics of your dodger... They helped me design mine. Pic attached.

Sent from my iPad